This was delicious. A bit too spicy for the kids though. And this particular site is pretty lame, so here is the recipe. We used thighs. And waaay too many sweet potatoes.
1.5 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 sweet potatoes or regular potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large acorn squash, peeled and cubed
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
2 cups lentils, rinsed and excess water shaken out
1 24-ounce can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried herbs (basil, oregano, etc. - whatever you have on hand)
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
5 scallions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Rub your crock pot with a little olive oil or butter, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Add in your cut up chicken, sweet potatoes, squash, onion and garlic, stir to combine,
- Then add in your rinsed lentils, crushed tomatoes, curry powder, honey, salt, chipotle chile powder, turmeric, dried herbs, cumin and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Set your (6 quart) crock pot on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with scallions as a garnish.